The Sublime & Beautiful vs. Reality

This blog is a record of one man's struggle to search for scientific, philosophical, and religious truth in the face of the limitations imposed on him by economics, psychology, and social conditioning; it is the philosophical outworking of everyday life in contrast to ideals and how it could have been.


-
The chief aim of all investigations of the external world should be to discover the rational order and harmony which has been imposed on it by God
and which He revealed to us in the language of mathematics.
--Johannes Kepler

___


|
--(:|:)--
|
|
___________________________________________

Monday, March 16, 2009

Personal Update: Chronos, misc.

Life is spinning by fast these days. I have, by the grace of God, managed to survive to the seventh anniversary of my 39th year, calender bench mark being the Ides of March. I had a great time celebrating my birthday this past weekend with my brother Stuart in attendance and drop-ins from a few friends. Janie graciously hosted all us men with superb skill; we had good eats, and I brought out some good drinkables to share and we just enjoyed the company with good conversation and a few movies. In today's troubled economy, it was great to still be able to have a good time at home (and yes to have a home, and a job, etc.).

Many thought provoking events seem to be occurring in quick succession, so much to think about with the collapse of personal liberty and prosperity around the world. I pray that God helps us all to endure. I was today feeling a little tired of pinching pennies, when there are Macs, and music, and books, and travel, and education to buy. My emotions tend to flux like a roller coaster, like the rage at every day's new outrage--during the Clinton years it was a new outrage of the moral failings of the Leader and his betrayal at the security level of our nation, but now we have a regime that is a virtual clone of the last Bush administration, but nobody sees it. And now our military will be betrayed, and the economy, all bruised and bleeding by it's abuse from the banking criminals, will die a death of thousand "stimulus" knife wounds, while the tax cheats and assorted petty criminals running Washington D.C. race their Mercedes' though the park after midnight looking for a few more taxpayers to mug. There is just too much confusion here--I can't get no relief...

Another thing that just frosts my donkey's hind end, is the profound waste of my life energy that I have to piss away only to pay all the creditors, and government thugs, etc. while my personal goals and dreams evaporate before my eyes. There really is nothing sublime and beautiful anymore about life, because just when you start to maybe feel a little joy in the Lord, SIN rears it's ugly head.

Well enough of the whining, it seems I just now forgot how much I have to be thankful for. It's so easy to lose perspective.

Praise to God for His Salvation, for His making possible our communication with Him. Praise to God, that He has given us (those appointed to salvation) the power and ability to choose Him, to enjoy Him, to worship Him.
Praise to God, that though nothing is different between us and any that do not believe in regard to our sinfulness, yet He has given us this salvation.

No comments: