The Sublime & Beautiful vs. Reality

This blog is a record of one man's struggle to search for scientific, philosophical, and religious truth in the face of the limitations imposed on him by economics, psychology, and social conditioning; it is the philosophical outworking of everyday life in contrast to ideals and how it could have been.


-
The chief aim of all investigations of the external world should be to discover the rational order and harmony which has been imposed on it by God
and which He revealed to us in the language of mathematics.
--Johannes Kepler

___


|
--(:|:)--
|
|
___________________________________________

Friday, May 20, 2011

Personal Update: Computer woes & yard activities

So the LSI PCI Express Ultra320 SCSI Single-Channel Host Bus Adapter which controls my boot drive in my home workstation suddenly died. Fortunately my controller is only 4 months away from being out of warranty. But so far it looks as if they will replace my card.

Since the RMA process even with the best companies can take a few weeks, my online presence, already reduced for increased reading load, will diminish as I am compelled to use other computers for access to the 'net.

Like I asked on the facebook, is this a sign from God that I should not spend as much time on the computer or is this just normal chaos from a fallen universe? I don't know why it is that I expect things to go well on any given day, because it so seldom happens that there is no trouble in a day. Even Jesus said, "sufficient unto the day is the evil therein." (Matt 6:34b)

Anyway, as I spend time working on outdoor stuff on the house, and waiting for parts for my computer, I will be forced to shed my addictive obsession with the information ocean. It's a good thing, right?

Peace Out.

No comments: