The Sublime & Beautiful vs. Reality

This blog is a record of one man's struggle to search for scientific, philosophical, and religious truth in the face of the limitations imposed on him by economics, psychology, and social conditioning; it is the philosophical outworking of everyday life in contrast to ideals and how it could have been.


-
The chief aim of all investigations of the external world should be to discover the rational order and harmony which has been imposed on it by God
and which He revealed to us in the language of mathematics.
--Johannes Kepler

___


|
--(:|:)--
|
|
___________________________________________

Tuesday, September 27, 2011

Personal Update: Social Media & misc.

I have been practicing various forms of writing and enjoying the concept of a blog. It's like publishing a magazine with virtually no cost except the time devoted to it. It has allowed me to force myself to communicate by writing. It provides the sort of practice that authors used to get when they would starve while sending stories to magazines. By blogging, you can work your job and practice your writing. Perhaps the disadvantage is that sometimes when an author starts selling stories or articles, he/she sometimes has the privilege of getting expert help from an editor, whereas in a blog, unless you have a large interactive audience, you are just alone and you have to police your own grammar and style.

I am in the latter category, so I have tried to look at my entries carefully and do a little polishing. I started this blog not knowing what to make it into, but only that I needed to express myself. I intended to just communicate about what interests me and report the joy I discover as I have been educating myself about various subjects. I tried to do this with portions of fiction and straight articles, but as I have progressed in this endeavor, I've noticed that the Ephemera articles and some of the personal updates would be better placed by being posted in the social media. I am somewhat a late bloomer when it comes to being web-savy, so I only got involved in social media (esp. fb) recently. With the exception of some pedantic and self important people, it looks like a good way to interact and inter-react. And it fits the seasonable nature of many of the posts. So I am going to move future Ephemera Articles and much of the personal updates to facebook, or maybe google+ if most of my contacts move there.

Except for the turn towards fascism in the United States, this is a great time to be alive because of the many avenues of expression and information exchange. If the internet can remain open, it will be looked at in historical hindsight like the invention of the press in Europe is looked at by the West.

Novo Visum.
Neue Ansicht.

No comments: