The Sublime & Beautiful vs. Reality

This blog is a record of one man's struggle to search for scientific, philosophical, and religious truth in the face of the limitations imposed on him by economics, psychology, and social conditioning; it is the philosophical outworking of everyday life in contrast to ideals and how it could have been.


-
The chief aim of all investigations of the external world should be to discover the rational order and harmony which has been imposed on it by God
and which He revealed to us in the language of mathematics.
--Johannes Kepler

___


|
--(:|:)--
|
|
___________________________________________

Monday, August 11, 2008

Personal Update: Mini-Plague

So, I wasn't feeling very good Friday night when I was getting ready for work; usually I can shake these things off. I took a hot shower, pumped up with vitamins, got my caffeine, and headed off to work in a daze. My foreman could see that I wasn't feeling very well so he had me work on my project from the week (we are adding emergency stops to the crossovers on Mainline Belt 1 of the conveyance system for United). I shut the system down and started working on the circuit and my health continued to deteriorate and at one point I passed out for a few minutes. It was all I could do to get the circuit back together and get the system back on by 0300 (so that I could test before 0400 startup). I got it back together in time (I caught myself in an error before I made it) and it tested fine the first time. After all this I had to run back to parts room and grab a 400hz tester to go checkout why the E/F interlock wasn't working on the 400hz service (the aircraft ground power when the aircraft isn't running). While there, I had to pass out again for 20-30 minutes before heading over to the loading bridge.
At this point my clarity of thought was fast fading and I was a little unstable on the ladder. I finally called my foreman and told him I had to go home sick. After putting everything away and staggering back to my car, I passed out again for about half an hour and then finally drove home and I only nodded off twice--thank God for His protection.
I remained in a shivering fever from that Saturday morning when I arrived home until Sunday afternoon when I had recovered enough to make it to a meal and evening Service (I still had a fever but kept it under control by means of legal analgesics). I slept all Sunday night until late this morning and now my only issue is a knotted up gut and a twinging back. I'll probably call in sick tonight.
This was the weirdest flu, because at the time of the fever, there was no accompanying nausea or congestion just a straight gnarley fever. I felt as if I were in suspended animation or something. It was bad and I could hear myself groaning.
Bizarre.
I had to be sick, because I missed my beloved Literary Group Meeting.

Anyway, glad to be back to the life of the normal undead.

No comments: