The Sublime & Beautiful vs. Reality

This blog is a record of one man's struggle to search for scientific, philosophical, and religious truth in the face of the limitations imposed on him by economics, psychology, and social conditioning; it is the philosophical outworking of everyday life in contrast to ideals and how it could have been.


-
The chief aim of all investigations of the external world should be to discover the rational order and harmony which has been imposed on it by God
and which He revealed to us in the language of mathematics.
--Johannes Kepler

___


|
--(:|:)--
|
|
___________________________________________

Monday, December 29, 2008

Personal Update: general

The week leading up to Christmas week was hectic and I found myself too tired and uninterested in any thing but a break. The last day of that week, Saturday, before Christmas week I had lighting check duty on the airfield and my tool-partner and I found ourselves shoveling snow off of the edge lights on the third runway because the knuckle draggers that run the snow plows left a three foot berm right on the edge light line. So, no rest for the wicked.

Christmas week I have been "off the air" because I wanted to goof off with my family. We also did some marathon movie watching in our cozy house with the snow piled up outside. I received the DVD sets of seasons 1, 2.0, 2.5, & Razor of Battlestar Galactica for a Christmas present so I have been wasting the final hours of my time off with some serious couch potato action. I haven't been as guilty for staring into the vacuous grimoire as much as I ordinarily would as I know that when work starts Monday night it will begin another long period of servitude to the Port (Port of Seattle). When I'm back to work, the only self improvement I tend to have time for is reading through some work of literature for our literary group, the occasional magazine article, and my BSF lessons. Well maybe I'll have a little internet surf time, and I'll try to post a few comments on the piece we are reading. And if the Lord wills, Janie and I may try to take a long weekend at the end of February to celebrate our anniversary (our 18th).

Happy new year!

1 comment:

Stu ι™Άζ˜Žη€š said...

Wow, 18 years! Makes me feel old. =]