The Sublime & Beautiful vs. Reality

This blog is a record of one man's struggle to search for scientific, philosophical, and religious truth in the face of the limitations imposed on him by economics, psychology, and social conditioning; it is the philosophical outworking of everyday life in contrast to ideals and how it could have been.


-
The chief aim of all investigations of the external world should be to discover the rational order and harmony which has been imposed on it by God
and which He revealed to us in the language of mathematics.
--Johannes Kepler

___


|
--(:|:)--
|
|
___________________________________________

Sunday, February 13, 2011

Personal Update: After Bread Winning, etc.

Once again I have received grace in the form of having made it through the week to arrive here on the Lord's Day. After selling our time (pieces of our day or week) to receive wages or compensation that we might support the work of the gospel, our families, and ourselves, and we all must do this unless one is a "trust-baby", we come to the use of our free time.

As of the beginning of this year, 2011 A.D., I have been busy with some Bible Study Fellowship, our covenant group, and other social commitments. And after all this I had the opportunity to get working on my reading projects and commitment for this new year; to this end, I have been grateful for Goodreads (TM) as a useful tool. You can monitor my activities here.

Towards the end of 2010 I finished editing and adding miscellaneous additions to the Traveller RPG blog (q.v.). I have found this activity useful to objectify and visualize exactly how a character might interact based on background motivations etc. for use in fiction writing. The whole mental process for me is still mostly experimental and I am just starting to attempt some stories and I hope in the development of each story to start incorporating some of the things I have been learning from literature and from various other mental techniques.

No comments: