The Sublime & Beautiful vs. Reality

This blog is a record of one man's struggle to search for scientific, philosophical, and religious truth in the face of the limitations imposed on him by economics, psychology, and social conditioning; it is the philosophical outworking of everyday life in contrast to ideals and how it could have been.


-
The chief aim of all investigations of the external world should be to discover the rational order and harmony which has been imposed on it by God
and which He revealed to us in the language of mathematics.
--Johannes Kepler

___


|
--(:|:)--
|
|
___________________________________________

Monday, January 19, 2009

ORP: KW Jeter's Blade Runner 3: Replicant Night

This series of books is getting really hard to find; why do publishers let good books go out of print? In this day and age of 'on demand' printing, I should think that all publishers would have their catalog of titles in their database for any customers that come along looking for a copy of a specific title.

This book was another good page turner and is better than the second book (q.v.). I won't do a plot spoiler as I am sure there is a page on the 'net among the trillions that goes through all that. I won't go into deep analysis of the text either as I don't have the time and reading the book was good for providing the necessary mind-candy and I need to spend my time on my various responsibilities etc.

On another note not directly relating to the topic of this post, and other than BSG finishing up its season, doesn't it seem like there is too much of a dearth of good SciFi shows to watch (and not very many good feature films either)?
It would be so nice if we could have a show like Firefly on or anything with a cohesive story arc and good individual episodes. Or some of these great SciFi books I have read over the years that could be faithfully translated to movies. Oh well.

1 comment:

Stu ι™Άζ˜Žη€š said...

in regard to your comment about the availability of good Sci-Fi movies lately I was pleasantly surprised that Keunu Reeves is going to be in the live action film from the Anime Cowbow Beebop Hopefully this trend will take hold, as I believe there has been some great stories in this genre that could be made into movies. I would like to see Ghost in the Shell for one.