The Sublime & Beautiful vs. Reality

This blog is a record of one man's struggle to search for scientific, philosophical, and religious truth in the face of the limitations imposed on him by economics, psychology, and social conditioning; it is the philosophical outworking of everyday life in contrast to ideals and how it could have been.


-
The chief aim of all investigations of the external world should be to discover the rational order and harmony which has been imposed on it by God
and which He revealed to us in the language of mathematics.
--Johannes Kepler

___


|
--(:|:)--
|
|
___________________________________________

Tuesday, September 22, 2009

Personal Update: general

We've been going through some changes in our family. Sam just turned 17 years old and it is quite apparent (no details necessary) that I have failed as a father. That and my many other sins have only emphasized how much I am counting on Christ's redemption. The only thing that will allow me to survive judgment day is Jesus' blood cleansing me.

I have just started Herman Melville's "Moby Dick" in my literary group, and I am finding it to be an excellent novel. I haven't had time to post my observations about it, but I am glad that I am reading it closer now. In my American Literature class in high school, we covered this novel, but I just watched the movie and read Cliff's notes. I missed so much by not having read the book at the time, but at least now I can really 'get into it'.

2 comments:

Mark said...

Don't want to comment too much on things I know nothing about, even though I continue to side with my own appraisal of you despite the years and your own testimony. There is no doubt that the blood of Jesus Christ is yours, and you have nothing to fear on that score.

I'll be praying for all of you.

Mad Russian the Natural Philosopher said...

Thanks much!!!