The Sublime & Beautiful vs. Reality

This blog is a record of one man's struggle to search for scientific, philosophical, and religious truth in the face of the limitations imposed on him by economics, psychology, and social conditioning; it is the philosophical outworking of everyday life in contrast to ideals and how it could have been.


-
The chief aim of all investigations of the external world should be to discover the rational order and harmony which has been imposed on it by God
and which He revealed to us in the language of mathematics.
--Johannes Kepler

___


|
--(:|:)--
|
|
___________________________________________

Thursday, March 25, 2010

Personal Update & on Creative Writing

Meditating on the quote from the other day and thinking how completely out-classed I am in the realm of creative writing, I have decided to move my few fiction works from this blog to another blog dedicated to creative writing (and not mentioned too much, at least until I am good enough to not be an embarrassment to myself). This will include most of my metaphorical entries also.

I haven't given up trying to write creatively, and I will still try to get published some day (if I live long enough). I will still continue to read, study, & comment on literature & writing tips.

Today we presented our counter-offer in the negotiation meeting to management, and together with some new revelations on management's latest attempts to take away our work, and undermine public safety, I find myself in a vicious political fight. So, the gloves are off, but there is no certain future for my job.

The old anxieties immediately emerged; I began to have thoughts like this:

I thought the Lord would take care of me, but it looks like He may want me to lose everything and have my family starve.

The thing is, God has laid it upon me to be the provider of my household. Since I am fully aware of His profound sovereignty, and completely at His mercy (dependent upon Him with no protection of my own), and with the wounds of the last 40 month struggle to survive financial uncertainty still fresh in my soul, I panic easily. I currently support myself and three others in my household as well as all the Monkey Collective parasites and my numerous creditors on my one wage. I don't think I can take another bare-bones survival fight.

And on top of being broke, my 16-year-old Honda finally just broke down. I hate getting caught with my pants down, so to speak. I still haven't finished my Bachelor's Degree and my creative writing skills are not yet good enough to make money from. So I am just effed.

All this is occurring just when I thought my relationship with the Lord was improving and I was starting to get out of my spiritual funk. --deleted unworthy thoughts--

I do pray for forgiveness for my sins and for my presumption in trying to better myself and perhaps trying to achieve my dreams. Gotta kill that hope, it just keeps rearing it's ugly head.

End Transmission.

1 comment:

Stu ι™Άζ˜Žη€š said...

I am truly sorry to hear of your misfortunes. Hang in there, keep your chin up. You are in my prayers.