The Sublime & Beautiful vs. Reality

This blog is a record of one man's struggle to search for scientific, philosophical, and religious truth in the face of the limitations imposed on him by economics, psychology, and social conditioning; it is the philosophical outworking of everyday life in contrast to ideals and how it could have been.


-
The chief aim of all investigations of the external world should be to discover the rational order and harmony which has been imposed on it by God
and which He revealed to us in the language of mathematics.
--Johannes Kepler

___


|
--(:|:)--
|
|
___________________________________________

Monday, March 29, 2010

A Word

O God, save me by your name,
and vindicate me by your might.
O God, hear my prayer;
give ear to the words of my mouth.

For strangers have risen against me;
ruthless men seek my life;
they do not set God before themselves. Selah

Behold, God is my helper;
the Lord is the upholder of my life.
He will return the evil to my enemies;
in your faithfulness put an end to them.

With a freewill offering I will sacrifice to you;
I will give thanks to your name, O Lord, for it is good.
For he has delivered me from every trouble,
and my eye has looked in triumph on my enemies.

--Psalm 54, ESV

2 comments:

Stu ι™Άζ˜Žη€š said...

There were some chapters in my last book (Marcus Aurelius, a life. McLynn)Were the author went into much detail about the persecution of the Church (161ad - 180ad roughly) and I would bet that the psalm was used in earnest in those days. The struggle had the side effect of unleashing apologetic responses of note, and spreading the gospel even further.

I guess I am trying to point out how good can come of bad etc.

peace

Mad Russian the Natural Philosopher said...

I concur. God controls the fabric of space-time, so just about everything intended for evil is reprogrammed to turn to good (in the meta-sense of things), especially to good for those who are called according to His Name.

Peace.

:)